Chitika

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Fitness Equipment

Okay ... I think we've all done this ... About two years ago, I found myself standing in Sports Authority, hands on my hips, looking over machine after machine, designed to get me into tip top shape. Pulleys and giant rubber bands and cables and attachments out the wazoo. I ended up buying an elliptical machine. I figured, I can climb on this thing and just walk/climb the pounds off and get my wind back. The salesman was more than happy to confirm this, touting the benefits of the gadget. He even helped me load it into my truck. That's where the help stopped. I got it home. I nearly KILLED myself getting the three boxes into the house. Then I spent the next three days putting the thing together. But ... Once I had it together, it looked impressive. It had a friggen computer on it that told me how many calories I was burning and how far I'd gone and what my pulse was ... It was so friggen cool. Each morning, for months, I woke up, had my coffee, then climbed aboard. After three months, I'd lost ... 3 pounds. My hips were getting screwed up from the lack of variation in motion and my live-in fiance' was not at all happy with me rolling out of the sack every morning an hour early, cutting into our 'snuggle time'. In the end, it ended up becoming a really nifty place to hang my jacket when I wasn't wearing it. A month later ... Yup ... Back at Sports Authority ... Hands on hips ... Same salesman. He didn't even remember me. Gave me the same line about a weight machine being the absolute best machine I could get my hands on ... Just like he'd said about my previous purchase. This go round ... 5 boxes. Weighed twice as much. Took a week to put together. And, three months later, I was in the same boat as before. This time, we started hanging damp towels on it when we got home from the beach. At least it was good for something.


I'm a Health Physicist by profession. I know a bit about fitness. Here's the skinny: The number of repetitions you do is far more important that how much weight you can lift or how much time you spend working out, running etc. With each repetition you do, you burn calories. Physics mandates that variety of motion and change of direction increases the number of calories burned and the amount of muscular benefit. It's just plain science.

That having been said, ad in the logistics of machines that weigh hundreds of pounds and take up a ton of space. Take into account how much time you have to spend changing configurations of your equipment for different exercises. Or if you choose to get a gym membership, take into account travel time on top of workout time etc. It's so friggen complicated.


So I went in search of simplicity.
Here's what I found: The FITRYO TOTAL BAR. I'll post the link where I found it in a minute. It has the science behind it. It doesn't take up ANY space. You can stand it up behind the bedroom door when you're not using it. It's fast. I can get in like 1800 reps in about 15 minutes. It weighs less than ten pounds. I don't have to spend a week putting it together. I watched the video for it and it's the first one I've seen that makes actual sense. There is one draw-back ... It doesn't look like I could hang much laundry on it. But then again, I won't have to.

So ... I'm ordering one on Friday. I can't wait to get my hands on it. With Winter creeping in, I'm gonna need something to keep from packing on those seasonal pounds and to stay in "swimsuit" shape so I don't have to work my butt off in the Spring, frantically trying to get back into shape.

Here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsWe92wnZcM&context=C3194141ADOEgsToPDskLBzulTRDHzu2OkcMAq0Tkl

Buy one. I'm gonna.
Enough said.

Thanx for spending a little time with me.
I appreciate it.
Billy

No comments:

Post a Comment