Chitika

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Well ... Here it is folks. The last Thursday in November. And we all know what that means ... Turkey ... Football ... Family ... Pumpkin Pie ... Incredible food in grand helpings, heaped on every plate. It is one of my favorite holidays for so many reasons.

How many of you remember what they told us about Thanksgiving when we were children in school?

I was told that the Pilgrims invited the Indians to their village to celebrate the bounty of the season and to make friends. As we all grew up, we learned differently. The beginnings of this holiday are not so nice. But I am going to forego that rant for a time more appropriate. For now, let us just observe the holiday for what its name suggests ... All of the things and people and events etc. that we have to be grateful for. Look around you and know that in some way, you are fortunate.

For those who logged into my blog today looking forward to the usual ranting ... I apologize. I promise to be twice the smartass tomorrow to make up for it.

Again ... Happy Thanksgiving!
And ... Thanx for spending a little time with me.
I appreciate it.
Billy

2 comments: