Chitika

Monday, November 21, 2011

Stormy Weather

So ... I'm driving in to work this morning ... listening to a local radio station ... Strains of Clapton, After Midnight fade as they ease into the weather report .... "The high for today will be 48 degrees ..." I look up at the temperature display in my truck ... Digital ... Extremely accurate ... 52 degrees ... Passing the bank, I check their outdoor display of the current time and temperature ... 52 degrees ... "...Clouds early ... chance of rain ... clearing and partly sunny in the afternoon ..." It's raining as those words escape the weather person's mouth ... It's been raining since before I woke up, an hour and a half ago.

I know ... I know ... This guy's a DJ, not a real weather man. But for cryin'out loud ... The radio station is pretty close to where I was while listening to the report. Maybe the guy could ... I don't know ... Go take a look outside? Go to weather.com and punch in the station's zip code and get something reasonably close to at least the current conditions and perhaps use that as a baseline?

Oh well ...
Thanx for spending a little time with me.
I appreciate it.
Billy

3 comments:

  1. 52...I will take that! It is 27 in WI and suppose to get to 41 but I doubt it will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It actually made it to 56 degrees here today. Long Island is notorious for this kind of weather when it is "Winter" elsewhere. It has been extremely cloudy most of the day but the rain stopped before noon. Wisconsin, on the other hand, is already in what I consider the throes of Winter. Although I did live there for over half a decade, I never came to terms with the extreme cold. But those born and raised in that neck of the woods LOVE it. They are a defferent breed indeed. I actually remember going to a SAM's Club in January one year, in Woodbury, MN, and seeing the guy who gathered the carts from the parking lot, dressed in shorts, work boots and a parka! It was 20 BELOW zero at the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a chance the DJ you heard was actually pre-recorded, and not broadcasting live; it happens quite often; I was standing there visiting with a friend, who is a DJ in Little Rock, while he was "on the air" broadcasting; we were 70 miles from the studio..lol

    A friend in God's country (you know where)

    ReplyDelete